Blog > What’s the best type of tile flooring?
What’s the best type of tile flooring?
Saturday, February 19, 2022 6:28 AM
The answer to that question will depend on a couple of factors. The most important thing to remember is that not all tiles are appropriate for every installation.
First, understand the difference between wall and floor tiles
Wall ceramics are thinner and generally more slippery. They are not designed to withstand the weight of walking. You can use a floor tile on the wall but never the other way around.
Now consider your space
A relatively low traffic area like the bedroom won't require the same level of strength as one for kitchen floors. Some types are also meant for indoor use only.
Describe your project to the expert at the tile store. The more they know, the better you are guided to the right one.
Tiles to consider
At our tile shop, you will see:
1. Porcelain: Heavier, denser, and waterproof whether or not it's glazed. This is suitable for indoor busy floors and deck, patio, and pool floors.
2. Ceramic 4 X 4 Squares: Thinner, highly designed, and often glazed. They are used on moderately trafficked indoor floors, backsplashes, walls, and counters.
3. Mosaics: Tiny, durable, mold and mildew resistant, and decorative. They are currently trending as a bathroom floor tile for style and the many grout lines that enhance traction.
4. Subway tiles: Meant only for low traffic indoor floors.
5. Terracotta bricks: Highly durable; these are used inside or out.
6. Listellos: These are bands of border ceramic tile.
We make it easy to shop for tile flooring!
Easton Flooring is a family-owned company operating for over 35 years. A highly trained staff, superior service, and craftsman-like installations make us stand apart from the rest.
Visit our showroom in Willow Grove, PA, serving homeowners and businesses in Roslyn, Abington, Glenside, Horsham. You'll also be offered a free floor tile quote.